It's true - startup life is pretty crazy! Each day is different, with more twists and turns than an Agatha Christie novel.
We've dug around for fifteen quotes that really resonated with us on this wildly wonderful journey. Enjoy!
15. “As a startup CEO, I slept like a baby. I woke up every two hours and cried.” - Ben Horowitz, co-founder of Opsware
14. “Timing, perseverance, and ten years of trying will eventually make you look like an overnight success.” - Biz Stone, co-founder of Twitter
13. “When I’m old and dying, I plan to look back on my life and say ‘wow, that was an adventure,’ not ‘wow, I sure felt safe.” - Tom Preston-Werner, co-founder of Github
12. “It’s more effective to do something valuable than to hope a logo or name will say it for you.” - Jason Cohen, founder of Smart Bear Software
11. “Whatever the problem, be part of the solution. Don’t just sit around raising questions and pointing out obstacles - we’ve all worked with that person. That person is a drag.” - Tina Fey
10. “When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.” - Hunter S. Thompson
9. “Those who create are rare; those who cannot are numerous. Therefore, the latter are stronger.” - Coco Chanel
8. “Don’t worry about people stealing your design work. Worry about the day they stop.” – Jeffrey Zeldman, A List Apart publisher
7. "You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do.” - Henry Ford, founder of Ford Motor Company
6. “If you can't tolerate critics, don't do anything new or interesting.” - Jeff Bezos, founder and CEO of Amazon
5. “I think people should be allowed to do anything they want. We haven't tried that for a while. Maybe this time it'll work.” - George Carlin
4. “If you listen to your fears, you will die never knowing what a great person you might have been.” - Robert H. Schuller
3. “I try not to get involved in the business of prediction. It's a quick way to look like an idiot.” - Warren Ellis
2. “All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure.” - Mark Twain
1. "Do. Or do not. There is no try." - Yoda, Jedi Master
Ready to make your mark? Talk to us.